Jennifer B. Davis
Smashing Magazine did a great contest recently asking people to redesign the dreaded 404 Error Pages to something more beautiful and user-friendly. You'll love some of these. My favorite is this one designed by Vi-Su.

I like how the creative designers re-envisioned how to deliver a bad message in a more beautiful way. One them by Jeremy shows how a message can be delivered in sensitive copy. He writes, "Oh Boy...This is awkward. 404 Error: Not Found. Man....I feel bad about this. Whatever you are looking for ha smoved or has been removed from the server. Let's take you back to the start and hopefully you can find your way."

I wish more companies (especially service organizations) took this approach. Be personable. Show you care about the customer. Try to sincerely help them out. What else can you ask for?




1 Response
  1. KMiV Says:

    Hey Jennifer, I am really trying to get ahold of Rebecca ASAP. I sent an email to your mom but think it is the wrong one. Sorry to do this on your blog but I don't know how to contact you.

    Could you email me?

    Ron Clark ronmetro@juno.com